Not everyone should start a blog…you should only start one if you are ready to commit to it and you have something to contribute.
If you think you can do that, then starting a blog is one of the most valuable tools you can utilize to get a job.
Starting a blog shows…
- your commitment to your field.
- your writing skills.
- your communication skills.
- your knowledge in your field.
- you… on search engines.
- how you deal with criticism and feedback.
- that you’re always thinking about issues and trends.
- your creativity.
- your persistence in maintaining the blog.
- your ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- your ideals and beliefs.
- your level of thought leadership in the community.
- your network and your ability to network.
- your love for what you do.
continue the list in the comments! How else does having a blog help someone get a job?